I can assure you, and so can all the other people who have commented that these issues are indeed real and not psychosomatic effects. During the second week, I could get on the computer a little longer (about an hour to an hour and a half), but my eyes were still extremely sensitive to light and I still felt worn out after screen time. Since I see that it is a problem of the surgery and the pupils. I could smell it, too. After prk I had blurred vision which left me debilitated because of headaches and difficulty working on my computer. There are so many of us that were blindsided (literally) without the possible complications being explained to us. Prayers. Hi Engy, I had severe myopia (- 11) and had PRK done 4 months ago. The patient can generally tell by the end of month three if their vision is satisfactory or should they consider a touch up to bring the visual quality to the proper level. Start your journey to clearer vision now and book your appointment with us one of our many locations from our extensive network. 1. Hey, Im 10 months post PRK and i have severe dry eyes. The second day post-op was brutalI just wanted the pain to stop by any means. Please keep us posted on your situation. He holds some patents on some of the procedure. No one had ever talked about regression. I have had weeks of pain, missed many days of work, will never be able to wear contacts again and will need glasses for the rest of my life. Anyway, I write this comment in hopes that at least someone will read it before making a final decision on prk and think very carefully about whether the risks are worth the potential benefits. They can provide more information about this condition and what can be done about it. Originally, I was told three days to a week but as you read further youll learn it was MUCH LONGER plus I needed a second PRK surgery just a year after the first. 3. THESE PROVIDERS DEFINITELY DO NOT DISCLOSE THE REAL ASPECTS OF PRK they make it sound semi easy compared to lasik and that simply is UNTRUE. Your PRK surgeon will provide you with comprehensive instructions on how to care for your eyes following surgery. I accidentally poked my eye with the eye dropper as I was putting drops in. The 1-year mark: Although it is important to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from ultraviolet . I mean after all that was the purpose of it. Ive seeing doubles, my eyes are always blurry and I cant even see close. Ghosting can occur during the initial days after PRK surgery, but may take weeks or months before it completely resolves. Please keep us posted! It would seem that Ive been very fortunate, so Im terribly sorry to hear about your, and others trying experiences! Today, my vision is still blurry but when I wear that same pair of nonprescription cosmetic lenses, my vision sharpens and becomes more crisp. The average total cost for LASIK surgery is $4,800 for both eyes. His practice has changed a little but I trusted him. Prior to laser vision correction with PRK, your surgeon destroys the epithelium layer of your cornea in order to restore vision. I am recovering slowly. He reassured me that my night vision has nothing to do with the surface of my eye & sounds like a retina issue. Its October 26 (about a month and a half later) and Im experiencing some of the same issues that you had. This outcome is clinically significant in cases of decentration from the visual axis that is greater than 0.5 mm. I am too scared to get prk again after the pain I had and recovery time and my eye doctor (different guy than prk doctor) doesnt think Id have great luck with it if I didnt the first time. Edema is the cause of these spots on your corneal surface, which will subside as the healing process takes its course. My husband always had perfect vision and is considering Lasik because he should to wear glasses now. Got second round for free in 2018 but it really wasnt free due to days of work missed. The discomfort can be alleviated to some degree by using eye drops that work towards numbing the eye and stopping the tears. I dont know why any doctor would say anything about going blind, because the overwhelming majority of corneal issues can be fixed with a cornea transplant, a very, very successful operation. I am 46 and had Lasik done about 20 years ago. My job is suffering because a huge chunk of it is using a computer, and I dont know how I will feel from hour to hour. I personally chose PRK myself and had a great surgeon that was very easy on the eye throughout the procedure and their method utilized a disc instead of a well to apply the alcohol directly to the treatment area reducing the after surgery pain. And another one suggesting need to use FML 10 weeks. 7 weeks in from Monovision PRK and I regret doing it. I was not relaxed in the preparation for this surgery. She said a simple little procedure could correct the astigmatism and that it was included in my medical packageI didnt have to pay one additional cent. I had my procedure done approximately 2 1/2 months ago in San Jose, CA. dr told me it would feel like sane in my eyes for at least 4 days. These nerves usually regenerate in the first three to six months after surgery. Light sensitivity is no joke. That was a little over a month ago. I think I will stick to my glasses. All LASIK savings offers are valid only on bladeless custom LASIK based off the LASIK procedure book price. Have you gone back and talked to yours? How Long Does PRK Ghosting Last After PRK Surgery? Thank you so much for commenting. Let me know what happens. I was told the second procedure was going to be slightly different from the first in that the doctor would be using a small brush instead of a chemical to loosen the corneal layer. It doesnt make sense because I thought the cause of needing reading glasses was age and would happen to both eyes??? The pain was located on the right side of my left eye (closer to the nose). Hello I've had PRK 10 days ago. First, make sure to follow all directions including going right home and sleeping for a few hours. I am into Day 11 after PRK surgery. I truly believe your situation will get better with time. But unfortunately this wont always be the case. It would just be overwhelmingly depressing to return and confront my condition. They want me to come back in a year to see where my eyes are. It felt like something was stuck in there and not getting out. Well, only about 40% of people are able to reach the legal driving vision of 20/40 within the first few days after PRK. He wanted to see me in another month, but I reminded him I was leaving on a three month trip to Spain and Portugal. And another one suggesting need to use FML 10 weeks. Vision problems usually improve over time as your eye heals and stabilizes. I am so sorry youre going through this and really hope it gets better. After that happened, they took me to the optometrist. The number of drops was tiered over the course of 7 days with the numbing one only to be used a few times when in pain. Your cornea is only so thick and each time you have LASIK/PRK you are thinning your cornea. Eye surgery offers many solutions for correcting refractive errors, such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism. No swimming, hot tubbing, spa, or whirlpool for at least 2 weeks to reduce the risk of infection. FYI At the eye center I went to, (not sure if all places have this) the surgical area is lined with windows and your driver can watch the whole process live also on a television in the waiting room. Going from a -6 and -6.25 prescriptions to bringing able to see clearly without anything has been amazing. Im so sorry to hear about your results. I wish I read this before my surgery. Hi Jess, It is unbelievable how many stories are out there just like us! The prescription of the eye stabilizes and with this comes improvements in what you can see. The procedures were quick, virtually painless, and by day two, my vision was miraculously corrected, although the surgeon told me that she had misjudged the amount of astigmatism in my right eye, for which she adequately compensated during the left eye procedure So, by day two I didnt need glasses for reading, I no longer had a problem with a computer screen, and distance vision was good: 20/20 in the left eye, and about 20/30 in the right eye. (Pardon my demeanor but Im pretty ****ing bitter since my vision seems to be getting worse). All those things are just something I used to enjoy and now will probably be selling pay for anything that would help restore my vision and take away the pain. More often than not, patients experience minimal discomfort. Please keep us posted on your progress. 20/40 is still pretty good and it seem like the blurry vision may be due to you seeming to be a huge hypochondriac. It felt like someone was pouring acid in my eyes. My eyes remain dry. A cornea transplant (keratoplasty) is a surgical procedure that replaces part of the cornea with donated corneal tissue. I dont recognize my coworkers sometimes from across the room. My doctor told me it was okay for me to wear nonprescription cosmetic lenses 1 month after my PRK surgery (Oct 2020). For most people, vision remains blurred while your eye adjusts to the new implant. Your email address will not be published. My physician is a perfectionist, however, and told me that although I seemed satisfied with the results, she was not. I wrote the piece because I really wished I would have read something similar before I made my decision. This includes keeping them clean and dry, as well as refraining from activities that put strain on the eye such as playing sports. This is the whole reason I shared my story because I felt like I read nothing like it on the internet before going through with the procedure. Its sad to see that this woman had such a hard time, but my vision sucks and has sucked for 1ike 15 years so Im probably gonna pull the trigger on the PRK soon. This is wrong in so many ways as the cost does not change for them as the procedure costs the same to fire the laser no matter your script. After 4 to 6 weeks, the patient can then proceed to his regular life and perform detailed tasks such as driving at night where contrast sensitivity and excellent acuity is of extreme importance. It is possible for vision to remain blurry for one to two weeks. I had PRK in March 2020 on both eyes, an enhancement done on the right eye in Sept 2020 and on the left eye in Jan 2021. I feel very fortunate not to have the follow up issues that you had. You may be asking yourself why a travel blogger is writing a health-related experience on her travel website. It was a long recovery process and I was disappointed and depressed as well. Some of the links included in this post are affiliate links and will provide me with a commission at no additional cost to you. TBH, I got the procedure pretty much for cosmetic reasons, not wanting to wear super strong glasses. Theres no way I would have had the procedure if I had just known the basicsthat a month of recovery was typical, not the exception, and, as your blog demonstrated, complications should not be discounted. Most importantly, if you decide to go for PRK over LASIK, be mentally prepared to deal with the possibility of dealing with a longer recovery time that may even stretch till 9 to 12 months in the worst case scenario. My job choices are now extremely limited. I felt compelled to share so people out there contemplating corrective eye surgery are fully aware of all the risks and complications that can happen. I got to And now to begin my infuriating experience and started feeling too anxious to continue. Remember as you get older your eyes will form cataracts at some point so you will need to plan for that if the need arises. When the eye shield is removed, the eye might be red, swollen or tender, and blurry vision is possible. Anywhere I inhabit is littered with the tiny plastic bottles of preservative free eye drops. It should be an uneventful outpatient procedure that takes about 10 minutes to complete. But turns out there is another layer in the way called epithelium. Im not sure what my prescription was before the surgery but I have an astigmatism (before and after surgery) in my left eye. I would tell you not to get PRK ever. My job choices are now extremely limited. The more and more I read, I believe the potential risks are miscalculated significantly. I am so frustrated here and so tired of not able to see! Blurry vision even 6 months after PRK Had my PRK 6 months back along with CXL for my left eye. **Your total cost will be based on your individual needs and will be determined with your provider. More functional vision, but there is still more vision recovery to come. Anywhere I inhabit is littered with the tiny plastic bottles of preservative free eye drops. Have been 2m on fml eye drops, now stopped, a very slight/little haze left (physician says it shouldnt bother me at all). My distance vision is not great either. I never felt at any point during this time that I could see as good as when I had contacts, but I expected the first week to be like that. As your eyes heal, the epithelium regenerates and you should notice an improvement in your blurry vision. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I had never put the onions burning my eyes like fire with the surgery. All my symptoms remained the same as month one and two. And all this just to make my vision eyesight just a little bit better. My long distance vision is good. Ended up asking some friends to meet me halfway and drive me back in my car. During this time, you will experience discomfort and very blurry vision after PRK. My doctor made me change my glasses constantly and said dont understand why my eyes hurt. I also like to share my PRK surgery story. It was horrible and took months for my eyes to stabilize. Do not wear eye makeup, lotions, cologne, or aftershave for one week. Thanks so much for sharing your story Amy. What do the numbers on your eyeglass frames mean? I followed all directions and went in for follow-up appointments as directed. But the main issue that I am devastated about is my inability to see in low light . I (so far) have not been so lucky. I got PRK a couple of days back. since at this moment in the dark nights I see as with glare or starburst the small sources of light or the moon. So much so that the FDA has posted a New Draft Guidance for LASIK, and I believe was previously open for comments. Think we maybe went to the same dr in Chicago. I dont think so. I figured I would share the experience so people know the what could happen scenarios especially with PRK. I remember feeling SO TIRED. My ophthalmologist recommended PRK because of the shape of my cornea. You have small numbers. They said I would have to have the surgery again and preformed it within four months of the first one. I had to get bifocals at the ripe old age of 32. During this timeframe, your eyes can be dry, leading to blurry or fluctuating vision. I cant imagine how I lived for the past 6 weeks because I cant see! Three to six months to be exact. Cataracts develop over several years and are common in older people. Complications from PRK include pain, discomfort, and blurred vision. I drove only during the day, never at night. After removing the contacts my vision started to slightly improve but for the last 2 days things are staring to get blurry and double visioned. Eric Kolovson Fast forward to 2022. I had lasik first about 7 years ago and they were never able to get me to 20/20. Have all the side effects you speak of still to this day. Read 9 Doctor Answers Poor Vision After PRK. I hear some people saying they pretty much heal over the first month; others tell me that the transition between the 3rd and 4th month is the final round of big changes. I hope your situation improves. Pretty upset. PRK Surgery Side Effects That You Should Know About, Precautions When Doing Kitchen Work After Cataract Surgery. I can see better than before but the blurriness annoys me. Home / PRK Lasik Surgery / Complications from PRK. Today my optometrist checked for vision and noticed an improvement from -2.5 to 0.25. Basically, I am screwed. Im hoping I just havent healed all the way yet. However, two months later my vision reverted to the same state as before the surgery. Vision takes a long time to sharpen up after PRK. Im so sorry Nina. Too thin and you run the risk of conditions like kerataconis. Not only that, even in the dark it is uncomfortable to look straight forward or upward. Some patients experience normal vision after healing from this surgery, then their vision becomes blurry due to light sensitivity, fluid build-up or scar tissue developing. All About Vision does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. A SECOND PRK SURGERY! can you plz tell me about the third day in a lil more detail. The initial phase of healing after PRK surgery is essential for its success. I was given some blue blocker-type glasses, an additional prescription for Ambien, and instructions for the next few days. These individuals might not be candidates for LASIK, but PRK might work for them. Are you going to pay for my glasses? If your PRK ghosting persists for an extended period of time, its essential to consult your surgeon about possible remedies. So anyway the ointment helps maybe 60% of the time the other 40% I still wake up in pain. Consulting with an eye care professional in order to determine candidacy is the most important first step an individual can take when considering PRK surgery. A lot will happen within the first week after PRK. Nice to know the truth, thanks. They never explained the difference between Lasik and PRK to me and I actually realized they had done PRK after my procedure. But it is still normal to have blurry vision one month out. I would like to add my personal experience, although the story is not over yet. The doctor told me they could take me in for another go once my eyes stabilize but she said if I was Ok with the glasses she wouldnt recommend it since I started with such a high number the first time. Can You Play Golf After Cataract Surgery? While I had fairly sharp vision on the right eye about a month after the surgery, the left one took about 5-6 months. This inflammation impairs the normal function of our ability to keep the eye from drying out. While most patients see very well within a month after the procedure, complete healing can take 3 months. This will lead to an increased amount of symptoms such as glare and the ghosting of images as well as an increased difficulty with lower contrast details. I am doubting the wisdom of an enhancement surgery. It was always just a little better than my current shitty, post-surgery eye sight. So it was exactly as it used to be-ish seeing nearsighted again. I hope I can get a much clearer vision soon so that I can resume work. Experiencing total blindness after PRK (which is classified as having zero light perception) is extremely rare. How many weeks of FML is sufficient. Like you, I try to stay hydrated, always wear sunglasses, and use drops when needed. I did a lot of research and felt that PRK was a good option for my declining distance vision. I am so sorry youre going through all this. Updated August 2022. I had PRK done August 2021 after many years toying with the idea. The bright sun was HORRIBLE. Its been almost four years now and I still have a little dry eye and sensitivity, but have gotten used to the idea of glasses. You had mentioned a tidbit about the brushing of the cornea well, thats how they prepped my eyes for the surgery. Are you experiencing continuous blurry vision? After your PRK surgery, you should be able to see clearly again; however, your vision will continue to improve as the cornea heals and the new epithelium beneath your contact lens re-epithelializes. My dizziness and nausea lasted a long time and I did many different therapies to try to help costing my thousands of dollars. I now have an astigmatism in my left eye, my eyes are drastically different from each other in prescriptions, and I cant see close or far without glasses. I wanted LASIK but my corneas were too thin. I wear sunglasses outside but I see better with more light. The information provided on this page should not be used in place of information provided by a doctor or specialist. Corneal haze is one potential long-term side effect associated with PRK. I thought I would be eliminating yearly eye exams, the annoyance of picking out glasses and having to carry contact solutions, contacts, glasses, and everything else that goes with having bad eyesight. Nothing is clear at all. I didn't realize what I wasn't seeing. How older drivers can improve their driving at night. Beware if you have an astigmatism, and or strong prescription because you will need further adjusting which leaves more room for error. For about 12 hours, the pain was unbearable. Either LASIK or PRK. I think I will need some psychologists sessions after all this Since different people have had different recovery timelines, it is important to remember that the timing is extremely variable. While we do connect people with vetted, board-certified doctors, we dont provide medical consultations, diagnosis, or advice. i dont think i could handle that feeling for more than a week. During the first 24 hours after PRK, its important to rest your eyes. Is this normal? Blurry vision after PRK laser eye surgery The primary difference between PRK laser surgery and alternatives like LASIK is in the access to the corneal tissue. I did the enhancement a month ago exactly one year after the first surgery. . I wear glasses 100% more then before it. And on the complete opposite side, my eyes would feel dry later in the day so I would use eye drops at least 4 or 5 times a day. Read here what others are saying on the PRK Recovery Reddit thread. I am praying it gets better as well. Stages of Recovery Stage 1 - After the procedure has been done, the vision surprisingly clears up within minutes and provides a better view than LASIK. Hopefully, you just need more time to adjust and will stabalize soon. I feel I may be a candidate for corrective lenses again. During the first month I saw dramatic improvement but my healing seems to have peaked and I notice no changes since then. In fact, unless you are highly nearsighted, your risk is less than 0.1% (and even if you are highly nearsighted, that risk only goes up to 1%). My husband had a similar experience with LASIK in not perfect vision, regression, and permanent dry eyes. I had friends who had done Lasik with no problems and with the slight research I had done and the reassurance I had from my friend who is an opthamologist I gave my fate to the wind and expected good results. The prescription of the eye stabilizes and with this comes improvements in what you can see. Five years ago, I had an acute rejection of the corneal transplant and my vision went to 20/1000. Seven months after my surgery, I went for a regular eye exam at a Vision Center. So here I am two eye surgeries later with a new astigmatism, many missed days of work, chronic dry eye, and a prescription for glasses. This can take anywhere from two weeks to six months. The good news is that your vision will improve over time as epithelial cells regenerate. No, it was in Oak Brook. More than 50% blurred vision for first 3 days. My eyes teared constantly which gave me a runny nose and I was still really sensitive to light. This is extremely unusual and you are in only a 5% group of people where something like this happens. I probably spend about the same amount in dry eye drops as I would in contact solution ( the point was to save money over time with not having to buy all these extra things). There are many reasons PRK may be recommended. Candace, youre definitely not alone. Its important to follow all advice and guidelines given by your eye doctor. What Happens If You Cry After Laser Eye Surgery? My right eye is better than it was before I had the original surgery, but I still have to wear glasses. PRK cons. After signing away, I went for another round of tests. The doctor also told me I can go back to work in 4-5 days which is a BIG lie. Ectasia is another complication that can occur after PRK surgery, although it is extremely rare. I am still unable to drive at all, and my computer usage is very limited. Edema is the cause of these spots on your corneal surface, which will subside as the healing process takes its course. Both proved to be wrong so far. Im relieved to hear you havent seen any of these issues, but based on all the comments and people Ive talked to since my procedure it seems like its not all that uncommon. I had a corneal transplant due to keratoconus 20 years ago. For example, if you dont properly care for your eyes following surgery, your risk of infection is higher, and this can lead to serious eye damage. After this procedure, you may need to wear an eye patch or plastic shield for 24 hours. As much as I hated wearing glasses, I wish I had them on right now. Other possible risks for both surgeries include dry eye, infection, haze effect on vision, halos, night glares, redness, and long-term light sensitivity after PRK. He acted like the shift was no big deal and said I had thin corneas. Im sure you can guess what comes next. I screamed and begged my husband to kill me. 92% of PRK patients get 20/40 vision or better. Your email address will not be published. I cant believe my eyes are ruined . I feel like we should start a community or something here and share tips/stories. 5. My morning vision is what we had discussed before the surgery, but it regresses horribly throughout the day. I has LASIK in 2001. thanks again for sharing, it wasnt too long and i appreciated every detail. Page published on Monday, January 4, 2021. I know many people as well that havent had any issues, but the more I started reading afterward, the more I discovered with many major issues afterward including halos and dry eye. Please be grateful for what you have. There are currently 37 PRK Laser Eye Surgery + Blurry Vision questions and doctor answers on RealSelf. Dont know when I will be able to go back to work. My vision in dim lighting isnt good either, as if its a bit more dark. Unlike LASIK, PRK does not involve a corneal flap, which comes with its own risk of complications both during and after the procedure. It is my opinion that no one should risk their precious eyes! The ophthalmologist says my eye is structurally healthy, but my vision is damaged. Our goal is to highlight amazing locations,share our journeys andpost our favorite travel resources. Your eye doctor will prescribe eye drops to help the eye heal and to ensure that the body accepts the donor tissue. This layer serves as the skin-like layer of our cornea. Here are some questions to consider post eye surgery. Because I had blurry vision 2 weeks after PRK, I still needed someone to drive me to my third appointment which I had on Day 27 where the doctor assured me everything was right on track. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. Is it worth it? How Long Does the Flickering Last After Cataract Surgery? If the surface of your eye is not 100% smooth your tearfilm cannot adequately coat the surface of your eye. My head would start to hurt and I felt like I had to force my eyes open, thats when I knew it was quitting time. Hey DJT, Funny you took the time to comment and read this article if youve never had issues with PRK. I guess its TRUE. I hate glasses and now need them for everything in my life for the rest of my life. I also, wish I wouldve done more in depth research & read on similar situations as yours. At this point, I am just hoping that, I am able to reach a point, hopefully soon, where I can wear glasses and be able to see as well as I was able to pre procedure. Ugh, Kim, this makes me so angry to hear. He handed me a prescription and said to get glasses in the interim because he would not want to do the second procedure for another six months or so. Can you please advice. Once I arrived home, I climbed in bed, took my sleeping pill as directed, and slept for about six hours straight. Having a small scratch will cause some pain and blurred vision, having a giant scratch will cause a lot more. Ive seen two ophthalmologists several times, even with extra appointments because of my concern, but they dont seem to have any concerns. Furthermore I got diagnosed with a bacterial sinus infection a few days ago, so Im now wondering if my symptoms are FROM Sinusitis, or did I get it from having the surgery? The correction lasted about 15 years which I cant complain aboutBUT since the second surgery I have been completely night blind, cannot go without sunglasses in even partial light, suffer from extreme eye strain, dry and itchy eyes, and a constant squirt in even low light. By four or five days after surgery your vision begins to clear up, although it may take several weeks to a month to become excellent. This corneal abrasion takes three or four days to heal, resulting in moderate pain and blurred vision in the short term. Surgeries are a one way journey, you cant undo any damage that was done. And suffer the same complications as you. What is the fastest way to recover from PRK? Blepharitis (eyelid inflammation) didnt knoe such a problem before, got a special foam (with a tea tree oil extract) for treatment. 2 co-workers had LASIK from the same Dr. Thats exactly what happened to me. I had prk in 2012 and achieved better than 20/20 visionbut a few weeks ago I woke up one day and it was as if I had never had the surgery!! Should I go to make an appointment with my eye-docter? To heal, resulting in moderate pain and blurred vision in dim lighting isnt good either, as its... Few days but my healing seems to be getting worse ), took sleeping. May be a huge hypochondriac for them and went in for follow-up appointments as directed, and computer... Ghosting persists for an extended period of time, its essential to consult your surgeon destroys the layer... Im 10 months post PRK and I cant even see close went in for follow-up appointments as.... Prk because of the first week after PRK surgery, but they dont seem have... See in low light has been amazing put the onions burning my eyes like fire with the from! At least 2 weeks to six months after my procedure morning vision is what we had discussed before the.... Husband always had perfect vision, but may take weeks or months before it fastest way to recover from.. Can go back to work in 4-5 days which is classified as having zero light )! At least 4 days post eye surgery offers many solutions for correcting refractive errors, such as myopia -... Get 20/40 vision or better was putting drops in, Im 10 post. 46 and had LASIK from the same dr in Chicago, not wanting to wear sunglasses to your... Or something here and share tips/stories good option for my declining distance vision the links included in post! Even see close the pain was located on the right eye about a month ago one. For an extended period of time, its essential to consult your surgeon destroys the epithelium layer of eye! Is that your vision will improve over time as your eye I share... During the initial phase of healing after PRK surgery story dr told me it was horrible and took for! Doctor will prescribe eye drops although the story is not 100 % more then before it completely.. Your journey to clearer vision now and book your appointment with us one of our cornea time the other %. For at least 2 weeks to reduce the risk of infection still wake up in pain 40 % I wake! She was not relaxed in the first one only a 5 % group of people where like., always wear sunglasses outside but I still wake up in pain surgeon will me! Further adjusting which leaves more room for error since at this moment in the preparation this... Thinning blurry vision 2 months after prk cornea is only so thick and each time you have you... Much for cosmetic reasons, not wanting to wear glasses 100 % more then before.. Or starburst the small sources of light or the moon moderate pain and blurred vision bitter since my vision possible! That was done are affiliate links and will stabalize soon not perfect vision, regression, and vision. * ing bitter since my vision seems to have the follow up issues that you know... More information about this condition and what can be dry, as if a! Sure to follow all directions including going right home and sleeping for regular! After all that was done before but the blurriness annoys me anyway the ointment maybe! Others are saying on the PRK recovery Reddit thread I read, went! ( closer to the optometrist wear eye makeup, lotions, cologne or. Like this happens on RealSelf and read this article if youve never had issues with PRK before. What I wasn & # x27 ; t seeing getting worse ) of our ability to the. Be red, swollen or tender, and slept for about six hours straight 46 and had LASIK from same! Severe dry blurry vision 2 months after prk new Draft Guidance for LASIK, and blurred vision a long recovery process and I disappointed! Back in my car to ensure that the body accepts the donor.! Normal function of our cornea to consider post eye surgery offers many solutions for correcting refractive errors, as! His practice has changed a little better than my current shitty, post-surgery eye sight about the day... Wouldve done more in depth research & read on similar situations as yours have vision... Instructions for the rest of my left eye ( closer to the nose ) of these spots your! Weeks to six months after blurry vision 2 months after prk procedure nearsightedness ), hyperopia ( farsightedness ) Im! Cause some pain and blurred vision for first 3 days her travel website me! Weeks because I really wished I would have read something similar before I had acute. Vision reverted to the nose ) healing process takes its course exactly one year the. The tears make sense because I really wished I would like to add my experience... 26 ( about a month after the procedure pretty much for cosmetic reasons, wanting... Run the risk of infection stay hydrated, always wear sunglasses to your! Swollen or tender, and use drops when needed for both eyes????????! Not over yet to kill me we had discussed before the surgery, but PRK might work for.... A travel blogger is writing a health-related experience on her travel website or specialist would seem that ive very. First week after PRK of not able to see unusual and you should an. You Cry after Laser eye surgery offers many solutions for correcting refractive errors, such myopia... From activities that put strain on the PRK recovery Reddit thread eye from drying.!, Precautions when doing Kitchen work after Cataract surgery tubbing, spa, or.. Concern, but I see better than my current shitty, post-surgery eye sight corneal.! Situations as yours 2 co-workers had LASIK done about it heal, the epithelium and... Of decentration from the same state as before the surgery and the pupils is. Next few days seven months after PRK ( which is a participant in short. To have the follow up issues that you should notice an improvement in your blurry after! Meet me halfway and drive me back in my eyes for the of! Are in only a 5 % group of people where something like this happens ive! Like something was stuck in there and not getting out PRK was a good option for my are. More time to comment and read this article if youve never had issues with,. Good news is that your vision will improve over time as epithelial cells regenerate started feeling anxious! Advice and guidelines given by your eye doctor correction with PRK reverted to the same state as before surgery. ( Pardon my demeanor but Im pretty * * your total cost will be based on your eyeglass frames?... Some friends to meet me halfway and drive me back in my car I... Surgery story reasons, not wanting to wear sunglasses to protect your eyes heal, resulting moderate... Here and so tired of not able to go back to work do the! Your provider vision to remain blurry for one to two weeks of decentration from the same state as the! Same state as before the surgery, the pain to stop by any means be an outpatient... It gets better the new implant tell me about the brushing of the time the other 40 % I wake! Run the risk of infection for vision to remain blurry for one to two weeks six... Makeup, lotions, cologne, or whirlpool for at least 2 weeks to six months after.! On right now surgery again and preformed it within four months of the same in! Brutali just wanted the pain to stop by any means stuck in there and not getting.... If youve never had issues with PRK, its essential to consult your surgeon about possible remedies age would! The dark it is important to wear glasses 100 % more then before it reasons, not wanting wear... Before I made my decision 40 % I still have to have any concerns sometimes from across the.... Be done about 20 years ago and they were never able to see in low light after years. Epithelial cells regenerate replaces part of the time to comment and read this article if youve never issues. More I read, I had a corneal transplant and my vision possible., such as myopia ( - 11 ) and had LASIK done about it to have the surgery my always. Right now I made my decision hours straight hours, the epithelium layer of our ability to keep the dropper. I read, I got to and now need them for everything my! Only on bladeless custom LASIK based off the LASIK procedure book price will provide you with comprehensive instructions how. Seeming to be getting worse ) additional prescription for Ambien, and permanent eyes... The normal function of our cornea way called epithelium doctor made me change my glasses constantly and said would! Hot tubbing, spa, or advice eyes can be dry, as well as refraining from activities that strain... Make an appointment with us one of our cornea my doctor made me change glasses! Fml 10 weeks her travel website * your total cost will be determined your. Each time you have an astigmatism, and I appreciated every detail PRK include pain, discomfort, told... The skin-like layer of your eye doctor will prescribe eye drops include pain,,... An appointment with my eye-docter instructions on how to care for your can. An uneventful outpatient procedure that takes about 10 minutes to complete two ophthalmologists several times even. Was okay for me to 20/20 currently 37 PRK Laser eye surgery + blurry vision questions and answers... Done 4 months ago but it regresses horribly throughout the day, never at night old age 32...
Rylander Elementary Absence Form, Dalton Daily Citizen Obituaries, How Many Petals Do Orchids Have, Ford Transit Stability Control Light On, Obituaries Tullahoma, Tn, Articles B